JustME for JustUS (JMJU) is a new project of Maine Environmental Changemakers in collaboration with Campaign Earth.
What are we building?
JustME for JustUS is a new project dedicated to developing a civic engagement and climate justice statewide youth-led network. Our goal is to convene a powerful group of diverse Maine youth who care about the environment and climate justice, connect them with each other and mentors, and provide training and resources needed to be a force in 2020 and beyond. We offer regional listening sessions, trainings, school and campus visits, and youth led strategy development. Our goal is to shift power and mobilize Maine youth to be critical players in building a just and sustainable Maine. This kind of project does not yet exist in Maine!
Want to get involved? We’ll come to you and work with you in the way that is best for your community. Fill out our form!
This project arose out of a need for a new model of Maine youth organizing that:
- Prioritizes youth in northern towns and rural Maine communities
- Builds content for youth that comes out of their specific community and experience
- Pays young people for their work.
- Focuses on climate justice and civic engagement
- Builds sustainability so that organizing can continue beyond students’ graduation
- Increases representation and diversity in civic engagement and environmental work
- Generates hope through examples of youth projects and providing opportunities and tools to make a difference.
Learn more and get involved: www.justmeforjustus.org